When I started writing little did I know that it would bring me so much happiness and I would get to meet so many wonderful people. I received my first Liebster award nomination in October last year and two more followed in the next couple of days. When I got down to write the article I was so excited at the love and support everyone had shown me, and I feel the same right now as I am penning this article.
Earlier this month I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Jane & Samara. And now I have 2 more Liebster awards thanks to Sudhaa of Shades of Dusky Woman and Anamika of Natural Beauty and Makeup. Thank you so much ladies for making my day and for motivating me to work harder. I am so glad to have gotten to know all of you.
In case some of you are not aware about this – Liebster Award is an online award given to bloggers by bloggers. This is a way to acknowledge their hard work they are doing in their interest.
RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD
- Thank the person who nominated you and comment on their blog.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Nominate bloggers that you think deserve the award and notify them.
- Answer the 10 questions you’re given and give 10 more for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
- Make a copy of rules in your post.
Without much delay here are my responses to your questions.
My answers to Sudhaa’s questions
1. What is the story behind your blog’s name?
Ah this is an interesting question. In fact this was something I asked myself when I was starting my blog. I knew my blog’s name needed to have the word beauty or similar words in it. It is a word that can’t be seen superficially. It holds something bigger. Nyx is a fairy, a Greek Goddess who stood at or near the beginning of creation – all things beauty in my case.
2. Which was your very first brand of makeup?
I think it was an Elle 18 lipstick, and my sister got it for me for my school farewell. I was not so much into makeup back then or getting ready in general. It was more of get up, change and get out of the house. P.S. I still do this on most days.
3. Are you a ‘Werewolf’ or a ‘Vampire’ kinda person? If none, that’s too sad 🙁
For me to able to answer this I need to have an idea of the kind of Vampire or Werewolf abilities and mythologies you are basing it on. If it is something like in the Twilight series – I am afraid I might have to say none. But if I really had to chose one it would be Vampire and more precisely a Vampire hunter 😀 Blade series to the rescue.
4. What is your favorite comfort food?
Anything mom cooks, no food is better than mom’s cooking. My absolute favourite is potato fry and rasam rice.
5. If someone is offering you an all expense paid trip, where would you go?
Now that is a tricky question because there is a lot I want to travel and see. I am going to pick random places from my mental travel diary.
I would love to go to New Zealand again and spend my days exploring the place and my favourite extreme sports – bungee jumping, sky diving etc. I would also want to go on a Lord of the Rings tour.
Scotland – Visit the scenic castles and explore the beautiful landscape.
Scandinavian countries – Freeze my a** off to watch aurora borealis.
6. Have you had any supernatural/paranormal experience?
Nope I haven’t. Though I do get night terrors sometimes and they are quite scary on their own.
7. What according to you is the coolest super power?
This is almost like a Star Wars or Star Trek is better question. I better skip this, rather I won’t be able to pin down to one answer.
8. What would you like to master when it comes to makeup?
To be able to achieve a flawless makeup look which also looks natural.
9. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Every compliment has a special place in my heart.
10. If you could switch bodies with someone else for a day, who would it be?
I’d probably like to roam around as an invisible man and see what people are up to 😀
11. Do you have any habit(s) that you would love to break?
Quite a few. I have a nasty habit of tweezing hair to calm myself.
My answers to Anamika’s questions
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging on BeautyNyx.com since August 2015. I can’t believe in just a couple of months I would have completed one year.
2. What do you hate & like about blogging?
That I need to take a million photographs to get a decent few 😀
What I really like is when people drop in comments.
3. Besides blogging, what is your favourite pass time?
I love binge watching on my current favourite TV Series and of course watching movies.
4. Any beautiful memory in your blogging journey that you want to share with us?
It really was the day I wrote my very first blog post. I was so happy and I felt a sense of achievement even though I had really done nothing.
5. YouTube/Twitter/FB/GooglePlus/LinkedIn/Instagram/Pinterest, which is your favourite social media & why?
I am not so big on social media. Even my personal profile is barely updated. In fact I have to remind myself to post on social media 😀
6. What is your favourite time of the day for writing blog posts?
Whenever inspiration strikes. Sometimes it’s in the early hours of the day. Sometimes it’s in the middle of the night.
7. Given a chance amongst Beaches, Mountains or Desserts, what would be your ideal holiday destination?
Can I make it a beach with a mountain on the back 😀
8. Any favourite beauty blog?
Now that is a really trick question. I love all of you and everyone’s blog is special in his or her own way.
9. For a dinner date, what would be your ideal dress code?
I am more comfy kind of girl and I would end up in jeans and a t-shirt.
10. Till now which is your favourite blog post? Please share the link.
That would have to be the post on my city – Chennai and how the city came together in December 2015 flood http://beautynyx.com/my-chennai/
11. Where do you see your blog in the next 3 years down the line?
Hopefully having grown bigger and with more wonderful sections and categories.
Now it is time to share the love and below are my questions for all of you nominated bloggers. P.S. eagerly waiting to read your answers.
- What made you start a beauty blog? In other words why a beauty blog?
- Assuming you don’t have a pet and someone gifts you one today, what would you name him / her?
- What do you think about getting a tattoo?
- What are your summer go to tips for healthy skin?
- If the sky were the limit, what would you like to do next?
- What is your favourite makeup brand?
- If you could pack up your bag and leave to travel the world, where would you go first and what would you want to do?
- How do you calm yourself after you break your favourite makeup product?
- What does your beauty wish list include?
- Tell me one random fact about yourself.
And at last I would like to nominate these awesome blogs. All the best ladies, waiting to read your responses.
- Swathi of http://www.curiousandconfusedme.com/
- Megha of http://perkymegs.com/
- Sonali of http://goldenrim.blogspot.com/
- Preethy of http://prettykooll.com/
- Anurima of http://www.kohlandstilettos.com/
- Anubhuti of http://senseiteve.com/
- Gemma of http://www.jacquardflower.uk/
- Natasha of http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/
- Ramya of http://www.luv4beautyblog.com/
- Safi of http://thebeautyinsideout.com/
Before I forget there is one final update. BeautyNyx is going to be shifting base to the US for the next couple of months and I may be MIA for sometime. I have already scheduled a few posts but it may take me time to get back to my normal routine.
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- 6 BLOGGERS SHARE THEIR FALL MUST HAVES - November 19, 2017
- MamaEarth Anti Hair Fall Kit | Initial Impressions - October 25, 2017
- 5 Tangy Ways Lemon Oil Adds Zing To Your Hair - October 3, 2017