Charcoal is known for its deep cleansing action. It is a great product to use if you want to purge all the gunk and dirt from your skin. With all the pollution and dust we are exposed to every day and with summer in full swing, we definitely need something to help our skin feel clean and refreshed. While I have been using activated charcoal in my DIY facemasks I’ve never used it on my body. This is my foray into activated charcoal products with VYA Naturals Activated Charcoal & Cedarwood soap.
A little bit on the brand – VYA Naturals
VYA, the brand stands for
Ayush (healthy life)
Their products are formulated using natural ingredients that are not only safe and effective but also non-toxic. All of their formulations are original and created by the brand. They are also not tested on animals.
Vya Naturals uses therapeutic-grade essential oils, natural plant-based butter, natural clays and plant-based waxes. Their products also DO NOT use parabens, sulfates, animal ingredients, artificial colors, formaldehyde, artificial scents, artificial dyes, mineral oils, phthalates, chemicals, fillers, mineral oils, or petroleum.
About the product – VYA Naturals Activated Charcoal & Cedarwood soap
VYA Naturals Activated Charcoal & Cedarwood soap is 100% natural and your best tool for maintaining healthy and glowing skin. The soaps are made in an old-fashioned way by hand, using only the purest ingredients and only in small batches.
Why activated charcoal soap so special?
– Activated Charcoal has a higher capacity to absorb dirt and oil. This leaves your skin clean, which also helps eliminate acne, blackheads, and blocked pores
– Shea Butter along with skin loving oils of coconut, olive, and sweet almond leave your skin moisturized and soft for a more youthful appearance.
– Pure essential oils of cedarwood, neroli and cinnamon leaf further protect your skin thanks to their antibacterial, deodorizing and antifungal properties.
– Pure coconut oil, olive oil, and sweet almond oil have high levels of Vitamin A and E, antioxidants and squalene, all of which keep your skin looking youthful and hydrated
– 100% Vegan; and uses 100% Natural Ingredients with ZERO ANIMAL TESTING.
My experience with Vya Naturals Activated Charcoal & Cedarwood soap
I am going, to be honest, I wasn’t sure if my body will be able to handle the deep cleansing action of activated charcoal. A little bit about my skin before I proceed – My face tends to move towards combination to oily, whereas the skin on the rest of my body tends to get dry very easily. If I skip moisturizing I could create funky patterns with the dry skin – that’s how dry it tends to get. I was afraid that my skin might get over dry using this soap. But having used activated charcoal on my face I know the many benefits deep cleansing has, and I am glad that I gave VYA Naturals Activated Charcoal & Cedarwood soap a try.
The soap comes in the form of a chunky black bar that has a mild refreshing fragrance of cedarwood. With every use, I could feel my skin getting clean leaving behind all the pollution and the dirt it accumulated throughout the day. While the activated charcoal did its part in cleansing my skin, the shea butter and the numerous oils left my skin nourished. While I have to body lotion, my skin definitely felt a lot less dry than usual. The fragrance of the soap while being subtle still tends to leave behind a refreshed feeling. I have used this soap on my face and body, and I am happy to say that it didn’t irritate my skin, but in fact, it helped clear some breakouts. While I love the soap there are a few negatives – the bar of soap is shaped like a thick box with rather harsh corners, which doesn’t make it difficult for people like me with tiny hands to hold them for the few washes. I also felt that the soap dissolved a lot faster than I would have liked it too. But these are meager issues compared to how nice the soap is.
- Cleanses skin well
- Leaves skin hydrated
- Has a nice refreshing fragrance of cedarwood
- Does not use harmful chemicals like sulphates, parabens, mineral oils etc
- Some may find it a little on the expensive side
- Dissolves rather quickly
Overall verdict: 4 / 5
Price: Originally priced at Rs.295/- for 30ml but now available on Amazon for Rs. 250/-
Bonus Offer if you buy Vya Naturals Activated Charcoal and Cedarwood
- Buy a Vya Naturals Charcoal Cedarwood Soap on Amazon
- Share your Amazon order ID number with email@example.com giving your complete address and phone number
- Vya Naturals will send you a surprise gift at the address provided