I have been playing join the dots from my school days. I am always on the lookout for products, which help clear my face. After having heard about the benefits of Tea Tree Oil, I started exploring the Tea Tree range from The Body Shop. Below is the review on The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner.
According to Body Shop “In a perfect world, we’d never get spots and life would be fair, for everyone. This refreshing toner for blemished skin gives a beautifully matte, shine-free finish.
- Removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities
- Mattifying powders leave skin shine-free
- Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin.”
My Experience with The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner
The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner is a potent toner meant for oily acne prone skin. The toner comes in Body Shop’s standard bottle packaging. It is easy to dispense the product and use. The toner has active ingredients; so remember to shake the bottle before use. Whenever I use the toner my face remains oil free for longer. It also helps dry out existing acne. But, a point to remember here is, I have oily to combination skin, and it gets quite oily during the summer months.
The toner contains denatured alcohol as one of the ingredients and thus has a drying tendency. So, if you have dry skin this toner may not suit you. Even if you have normal to oily skin, remember to use an oil-free moisturizer after using the toner. While it is helps dry acne, it doesn’t do much to clear acne marks. Tea Tree has a very strong smell, so I suggest smelling the product before buying it. First time user beware, the toner stings a bit. There are days when my skin feels quite sensitive; on these days I avoid using this toner. The days are not as hot as before and my skin doesn’t get that oily – I have replaced the tea tree toner with the Seaweed toner from Body Shop, and I must say I like this more. If you have oily acne prone skin I suggest giving The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing toner a shout. If you have sensitive skin you can explore the seaweed series from Body Shop.
- Amazing for people with oily acne prone skin
- Packaging is easy to use – easy to dispense product & know how much is left in the bottle
- Helps dry pimples
- Helps keep oil at bay
- Will last a long time
- Helps keep blackheads and white heads at bay
- It contains alcohol
- Stings a bit
- Can be a bit drying
- May not suit dry skinned beauties
- Doesn’t help much in clearing acne marks – not effective on old marks
- Some might find the smell strong
Overall verdict: 3.5 / 5
Price: Rs. 795/- for 250 ml
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- Is this the one stop for all your perfume addictions? - January 21, 2018
- A Woman And Her Right To Own Beautiful Hair - January 19, 2018
- This Valentine’s Day, give him the gift of time | Watches for men - January 17, 2018