In the early days people used all natural products; from the food they ate, to their clothes and the beauty products they used – everything was natural and void of chemicals. But lets face the fact – everything we use nowadays are tainted with loads of chemicals and it is hard to get away from it. But there is little hope with loads of natural and less chemical variant beauty products coming up. The Body Shop has a range of eco-conscious products one of which being their Rainforest hair series. Read more to find how The Body Shop Rainforest Volume Shampoo fared.
According to Body Shop “The shampoo is specially developed for fine hair. Our Rainforest Volume range helps boost volume without weighing hair down.
- Leaves hair looking fuller and shinier
- No silicones, no sulphates, no parabens and no colourants
- Eco-conscious formula
Eco Conscious – Every product we use has consequences for the planet. This shampoo meets out eco-conscious standard. It is respectful to the aquatic environment, meets strict biodegradability standards, and minimizes the use of non-sustainable packaging resources. We’re working hard to help protect our planet. Together we can make a difference.”
My Experience with The Body Shop Rainforest Volume Shampoo
With most shampoos being high on the lather front this shampoo was different. The Body Shop Rainforest Volume Shampoo barely lathered and didn’t feel like it was getting much cleaning done. I wondered if it would make my hair good. My hair didn’t have the silky feeling you get in silicone-loaded shampoos, in fact it came out with a few tangles. But in the end, it had a natural sheen to it and it looked healthier. With every wash I felt my hair was becoming better and I was happy that I was using lesser chemicals on my hair. It takes 2 washes to remove oil but I really didn’t mind that. If I were running short on time I’d opt to use a different shampoo on days when I oil my hair. On the price side, the body shop shampoos are expensive. I suggest asking for a sample or purchasing the mini bottles of the product. The mini version comes in packs of 4 with 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners of 60 ml each. The Rainforest series also includes Rainforest Radiance Shampoo for coloured hair, Rainforest Moisture Shampoo for dry hair and Rainforest Shine Shampoo. If you wish read more about The Body Shop hair care products click here.
- Free of parabens, sulphates, silicones and colourants
- Makes hair shiny, soft and manageable with continued use
- Has a mild fragrance – A big yay for people like me who like mildly scented products
- Washes out of your hair easily
- Very mild and gentle on the your tresses
- On the expensive side
- Takes more than one wash to remove oil
- Runny consistency; hence you use up the shampoo faster
Overall verdict: 4 / 5
Price: Rs. 795/- for 250 ml available on Thebodyshop.in
You might also like reading these related topics: The Body Shop Rainforest Series
BUY The Body Shop Rainforest Volume Series on Amazon.in:
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- Is this the one stop for all your perfume addictions? - January 21, 2018
- A Woman And Her Right To Own Beautiful Hair - January 19, 2018
- This Valentine’s Day, give him the gift of time | Watches for men - January 17, 2018