Try out these simple hairstyles for long hair that make you look elegant without taking the trouble of going to a parlor to get updos for long hair.
Bun at nape
A small bun at nape of the neck has become something of a style statement for many young girls when they wear an Indian attire, especially after Deepika Padukone & Sonam Kapoor have been seeing flaunting this hairstyle in their movies . Here’s how you can do it:
- Tie a low ponytail at nape of the neck.
- Straighten the hair and divide it into three parts.
- Criss-cross the braid by gathering two outer divisions of hair
- Roll in the hair in form of a bun connecting the three sections to the knot using bobby pins.
- Use hair spray for the hair to set.
That’s it! It is that simple. You can accessorize with a colorful floral headband or tie a bright colored scarf around it. Pull out some strands of hair over your face for a more stylish and feminine effect.
Also, check out this easy braided bun video tutorial which you can wear to your workplace as well.
Side Braided Ponytail
One of the simpler monsoon hairstyles is a side braided ponytail. Just follow these steps to do it yourself at home:
- Create a side-part and take a small section of your hair from the front left side to your left temple and let it hang loose like a flick.
- Split a section of hair into three and give it a simple weave in order to make a braid.
- To make your braid look thicker, stretch it a bit
- Secure the end of the braid with a rubber band.
- Gather the rest of your hair into a ponytail.
- Take off the rubber band from the braid so as to secure both the braid and the ponytail with one elastic/rubber band.
- You can hide the band carefully with a small piece of your hair to cover the band.
Find more DIY hairstyles and hairstyling tutorial at www.rewardme.in