When I was in school a lip balm was a luxury, now I hoard them. Days have changed from owning a simple Vaseline lip balm. There are so many options available in the market these days. One latest entry is Maybelline’s Baby Lips Spiced Up Lip Balm. The new range is specially designed to suit Indian skin tone and I picked up Maybelline Baby Lips Spicy Cinnamon.
The product claims, “Maybelline New York launches the all new Baby Lips Spiced Up, made for the Indi pop generation specially and developed to perfectly suit the range of Indian skin tones.
With every application lips are reborn and feel supple, plump, moisturized, giving you intense care. Baby Lips Spiced Up comes in delicious flavors – Spicy Cinnamon, Berry Sherbet, and Tropical Punch that guarantee to delight. Pout in confidence this summer with the best lip balm in India, Baby Lips Spiced Up.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Deeper shades to suit sun-kissed skin tones
- Stronger, lip-smacking flavours
- Intense 12hr care
- Enriched with SPF 20 for sun protection.”
My Experience with Maybelline Baby Lips Spicy Cinnamon
Maybelline’s Spiced Up lip balms come in 3 colourful shades designed to Indian skin tone. I have the shade Spicy Cinnamon, which is a pretty muted brown. The lip balm has a very smooth texture and moisturizes the lips well. It claims to have intense 12hr care, but I found myself reaching for this balm multiple times during the day. While the shade is pretty, it requires multiple swipes for the colour to come out. I really don’t mind this; it is a lip balm after all. The lip balm does leave a nice sheen to the lips.
The best part of the lip balm is that it has SPF 20 – a much needed item in most of our day time skin care / makeup products. The balm has a sweet fruity fragrance. The packaging is simple, cute and practical. The twist up design comes with a secure cap, so you don’t have to worry about the cap opening while inside your bag or pocket. Overall, I am very happy with Maybelline Baby Lips Spicy Cinnamon lip balm and I am looking forward to trying out the other 2 shades.
- Comes with SPF 20
- Beautiful shades that will work well with India skin tones
- Has a sweet fruity fragrance
- Hydrates lips well
- Cute secure packaging – carry it in your pocket or bag, but never way about product spillage
- Gives a nice sheen to the lips
- Smooth texture – applies on lips easily
- Doesn’t live up to its 12 hour claim
- Multiple swipes are required for the colour to show up
Overall verdict: 4.5 / 5
Price: Rs.175/- for 4gms
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- 6 BLOGGERS SHARE THEIR FALL MUST HAVES - November 19, 2017
- MamaEarth Anti Hair Fall Kit | Initial Impressions - October 25, 2017
- 5 Tangy Ways Lemon Oil Adds Zing To Your Hair - October 3, 2017