The year is almost coming to an end and it is that time of the year when we look back and reminisce at the days gone by. I remember falling very ill last December. I was just back from the States and the change in climate, water, well basically everything did something to put my immunity for a toss. I was having a fever on and off for a couple of weeks and by the end of it I was not just weak and tired but also frustrated. I am someone who does fall sick now and then but this was the worst and I made a mental pact to ensure I get healthy overall.
The wonders of Turmeric and Curcumin
Turmeric is a staple in any typical Indian household cooking. It is added to the vegetables or lentils. But with people eating more junk or eating out turmeric has sometimes become just a medicine to reach to when you are sick aka Turmeric Milk.
Turmeric or curcumin which is an active ingredient in Turmeric has numerous health benefits including:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps with skin conditions like acne, eczema
- Helps reduce gas and bloating
- Provides relief from joint pain and swelling
- Curcumin is a potent antioxidant
- Boosts brain function to name a few
While curcumin is an active ingredient in turmeric it constitutes only 3% by weight and in order for it to be extracted by our body the turmeric needs to be mixed with a fat-soluble compound. One also has to consume large quantities of turmeric in order to get enough curcumin in the body. One of the great ways to consume turmeric and curcumin is drinking it with milk. This may not be the preference for many – it could perhaps be that you are not fond of the taste or just lazy to make it. A great way to ensure you get enough curcumin is by taking it in the form of supplements.
Why Zenith Nutrition Curcumin Plus?
Zenith Nutrition Curcumin Plus claims to
“Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, contains a mixture of powerful phytonutrients knows as curcuminoids. Circuminiods have antioxidant properties, meaning they fight the damaging effects of free radical molecules in the body and may have significant anti-inflammatory effects.”
- It is a great way to consume a powerful antioxidant which helps fight against free radicals which are known to cause cell damage.
- Due to the property with which curcumin binds to turmeric it cannot be easily absorbed by the body and this is an easy way to ensure you reap the health benefits of turmeric
- It comes with Piperin which is commonly found in black pepper. Piperin is believed to make curcumin more bioavailable so that it isn’t metabolized before it gets absorbed; thereby helping to reap better results.
P.S. These capsules are vegan!
Dosage: As a dietary supplement take one capsule daily or as directed by a physician
Disclaimer: These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Keep out of reach of children. Pregnant or lactating women, diabetics, hypoglycemic and people with known medical conditions and/or taking drugs, should consult with a licensed physician and/or pharmacist before taking dietary supplements. Always consult with your professional healthcare provider before changing any medication. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration.
PRODUCT SENT BY BRAND FOR REVIEW. THIS HOWEVER HAS NOT AFFECTED MY OPINION IN ANYWAY. MY OPINIONS REMAIN HONEST AND UNBIASED.
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- Is this the one stop for all your perfume addictions? - January 21, 2018
- A Woman And Her Right To Own Beautiful Hair - January 19, 2018
- This Valentine’s Day, give him the gift of time | Watches for men - January 17, 2018