In the battle between glosses and lipsticks I am not sure where I stand. I hoard both lipsticks and lip-glosses and love them both. Adding to my collection is Lakmé Absolute Plump & Shine 6 Hr 3D Gloss in Crimson Shine. Was it a ‘Yay’ or a ‘Nay’ – read more to find out!
The product claims to “Marine collagen and high shine pigments come together in a new revolutionary 3D gloss to help keep lips plump and hydrated and last up to 6 Hours.”
My Experience with Lakme Absolute Plump And Shine Lipgloss Crimson Shine
Packaging & Quantity
Lakme Absolute Plump And Shine Lipgloss Crimson Shine comes in a standard tube packaging with a doe-foot applicator. The cap has a nice glossy gun-metal feel to it. The colour shade is printed on the cap; I wish it were printed on the bottom or the body of the gloss, as it is barely visible on the cap.
Crimson shine is a mild red with a tinge of orange. It borders between red and coral. When worn sheer or as a tint it looks coral. When worn with full intensity it looks reddish orange.
Application & Experience
As much as I love the shade I found it quite difficult to work with. The gloss is slightly on the watery side and tends to bleed a bit. The applicator doesn’t pick up enough products and the gloss doesn’t spread easily. I wouldn’t say it is all con, there are some qualities I like about the gloss. The gloss gives the lips a mildly plumped up feeling lightly moisturising at the same time. I didn’t find it sticky either. I love products, which work well in full colour and as tints, and this gloss works amazingly as a tint. I would say I love the tint version more than the full colour. Overall, I found Lakme Absolute Plump And Shine Lipgloss Crimson Shine to be average – Nothing great to rave about.
- Non-sticky and mildly moisturizing
- Gives a plumped up effect
- The gloss fades after mild snacking but leaves a beautiful tint behind
- Bleeds a bit
- Shade label not easily visible
- Applicator doesn’t pick up enough product
- Doesn’t live up to 6 hour claim
Overall verdict: 3.5 / 5
Price: Rs. 450/- for 3 ml
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- Is this the one stop for all your perfume addictions? - January 21, 2018
- A Woman And Her Right To Own Beautiful Hair - January 19, 2018
- This Valentine’s Day, give him the gift of time | Watches for men - January 17, 2018