Looking for a quick home beauty treatment for your skin? A peep inside the freezer can give you some cool ideas.
Now that summer is here in full swing how about some home beauty therapy? After all your skin could do with a little pampering, right? But wait, beauty therapy, with ice? Yes, you’ll be amazed to know how something as unassuming as an ice cube holds immense skin care secrets.
Several women around the world have been using ice cubes for face and skin treatment. Beauty salons and spas too have known the benefits of ice for years and now you too can be part of this ice cube beauty society.
Let’s start with five amazing benefits of using ice cubes on your skin:
#1 For softer and smoother skin
Rubbing an ice cube on your face clears it of excess sebum (skin secretion) and other accumulated pollutants. The coldness tightens skin and gives you a smoother and even-toned complexion.
#2 As a skin toner
Skin icing (yes, that’s what it’s called) is a quick (and cheaper) option for when you run out of skin toner. Just rub a cube on your face before applying makeup. This shrinks the pores and makes the foundation appear flawless.
#3 To control acne
Ice cubes are great for reducing swelling, inflammation, and redness of the skin. You can use ice for acne affected skin and soothe the irritation that accompanies the breakout. You can do this on existing acne or you can use ice for pimples that are just beginning to appear. Ice cubes improve blood circulation to the affected area and help clear blemishes from within.
#4 To reduce puffy eyes
The cool ice cube is an excellent remedy for swollen and puffy eyes. Try this method the next time you stay up late or have been working too hard.
#5 As a wrinkle banisher
An ice cube a day keeps wrinkles away. Pamper your eyes with ice cubes daily to lessen the appearance of wrinkles and slow down new ones.
Now that you know how cool the ice cube is, is there any specific way you must use it? You can begin with a simple ice face mask.
Ice face mask method:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser like Olay Total Effects 7 in One Foaming Cleanser and pat your skin dry.
- Take a large bowl and half fill it with ice cubes.
- Allow the cubes to melt for about 10-15 minutes (less, if it’s summer).
- Just dunk your face in the cold solution for 1-2 seconds. Pull up and breathe.
- After a few seconds, repeat the splash.
- The cold water will tighten skin pores and give you an immediate face lift.
You can also apply ice cubes using this technique:
- Put ice cubes in a soft plastic bag or a clean face towel.
- Place it against your face for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ice and wait for 5 minutes.
- Alternate placing and removing the ice until the ice cubes melt.
- Do this thrice daily.
Ice cube massage for acne:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser like Olay and pat it dry.
- Massage your entire face gently with an ice cube, using a circular motion.
- Continue doing it until the ice melts.
- Pat your skin dry and apply your prescribed acne medicine.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
You can also make ice cubes using green tea and vitamin E or rose water, or a solution of lemon juice and water.
Skin icing is one of the easiest ways to give your face a quick uplift. Spend 5-10 minutes twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, and you will see a big difference in your skin.
Now that you know how to do ice therapy for skin, also check out essential summer skin care tips at Reward Me.
Also, find more skin care, hair care and lifestyle tips at www.rewardme.in
This is a guest post by Rewardme.in