Get Rid of Smoker’s Lips with These 10 Home Remedies
Apart from pretty much burning your lungs, smoking also makes your lips turn darker over time. Here are 10 homemade remedies that can help you get rid of smoker’s lips.
Some crave that mid-work smoke break slash gossip session the moment things start to get a little dull at work? We’re not going to lecture you about smoking, but let’s talk about one serious beauty problem that it causes: dark, pigmented lips. Over time, nicotine stains your lips and turns them black, which, to be honest, isn’t a flattering look on anyone. The good news is that you can get rid of your smoker’s lips with these easy home remedies:
Use lime, honey, and glycerine:
- Mix lime juice, honey, and glycerine together until you get a semi-thick paste.
- Apply this to your lips every day.
- This mixture will help with lightening your lips and also keeping the skin soft.
Use lemon juice
- By applying lemon juice to your lips every day, you can ensure that over time, they start to lighten again.
- For this smoker’s lip remedy, you don’t really need to use any other ingredients.
Use almond milk or almond oil
- Applying almond milk or almond oil regularly on your lips can also help lighten them. However, this can take a few weeks.
Make a balm with beetroot
- Making a lip balm for smoker’s lips can also help lighten them. One of the best ways to do this is to make a balm with beetroot.
- All you need to do is grate some beetroot and mix with milk cream and lime.
- You can apply the paste to your lips and let it sit there for at least 15 minutes.
Use a turmeric and lemon pack
- Turmeric has a lot of healing properties for skin and one of them is to lighten the tone. This, when combined with the lightening properties of lemon, makes a highly effective pack.
- Mix turmeric powder with lemon and apply the paste to your lips.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes until it dries.
Use a pomegranate pack
- Pomegranate seeds and the colour of the juice are great for making your lips look pinker and plumper.
- Grind a few of these seeds and mix it with malai.
- Apply the paste to your lips.
Use a rose petal pack
- Rose petals are great for the skin and helps with exfoliating your lips.
- When mixed with malai, it creates the perfect pack to lighten your smoker’s lips.
Use a glycerine pack
- Mixing a few drops of orange juice (or orange peel powder) with glycerine can also help you lighten your lips in no time.
Use a sugar and lemon exfoliate
- Exfoliating your lips can help you lighten them. All you have to do is make an exfoliator with crushed sugar and lemon juice and rub it on with a cotton.
Use your toothbrush
- Another way to exfoliate your lips is to dribble a few drops of olive oil onto your toothbrush and rub it all over your lips.
As you can see, lip care for smokers is quite simple. Remember to always keep your lips moisturized with a balm as this can help prevent the pigmentation from occurring in the first place. You can always use a touch of Olay Moisturizing Lotion for that extra care. Now that you have 10 home remedies for pigmented lips, check out how to lighten dark upper lips quickly with these easy home remedies.
Get 230+ skin care tips to be your best beautiful every day at www.rewardme.in
This is a guest post by rewardme.in. All images have been provided by the brand. We do not own any of these images.