I’m not a pink girl. I own only a handful of clothes in pink or maybe 2-3 makeup products in the shade pink. And most of the pink items were gifted to me including a lip gloss I totally fell in love with – Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss.
My Experience with Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss
Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss comes a stylish matte silver and pink packaging. The gloss itself is very thick and has a sweet fragrance. The applicator is thick and rubber like, and takes time getting used to, but this works well for the thick gloss, and the long applicator stick makes it easy to hold and use.
To see the wonders of this gloss apply it evenly on your lips and wait a few minutes for the miracle to happen. The gloss is almost colourless on initial application, but in moments it transforms into a gorgeous pink shade. Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss is not highly pigmented and if you have dark areas of your lips it won’t be hidden, however, it does even out to some extent. The gloss is quite sticky in the beginning and the first few times I used it I wasn’t so comfortable. I don’t prefer lip-glosses which tend to be sticky. On the upside this makes it last long, moreover the stickiness tends to go down in the course of wear.
The shade is a totally gorgeous pink. This coming from a person who doesn’t opt for pink much has got to mean something. It lasts a long time and even survives a full meal ending up as a beautiful pink stain. If you find the pink deep, you can always wipe off the gloss few minutes after wearing to reveal beautiful pink stained lips. I received Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss as a gift, and I’m not so sure if these are available. While browsing for this product online I noticed that the price is also on the high side, but you do get a good amount of quantity and gorgeous pink pout to sport all day long.
- Depending on your lip colour the gloss deepens into a gorgeous pink in minutes
- Leaves a beautiful stain even after removing
- Survives meals and lasts almost all day
- Does not dry out lips
- Applicator takes a little getting used to but works perfectly for the thick gloss texture
- Great product to experiment with
- Not as easily available
- On the expensive side
- Some may not like the sticky texture
Overall verdict: 4 / 5
Price: $20 for 7.5ml
Do you have any favourite lip-glosses or lip stains? Tell us about it in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- Mama Earth Stress Relief Tea | The quickest way to feel relaxed - September 19, 2017
- Benefits & Importance of Yoga - September 15, 2017
- Mama Earth Feel Better Tea | Goodness in a cup - September 13, 2017