I love travelling, but every time I am on a flight it takes a major toll on my skin. My skin becomes drier than usual, which further increases skin sensitivity. Aveeno Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion was one of the first body lotions I picked up after going to the states and it is also one of my favourite.
The product claims to
This fast absorbing lotion starts to work immediately to nourish and restore essential moisture to skin so that it looks and feels healthier.
- Clinically shown to help relieve itchy, extra-dry skin
- Moisturizes for a full 24 hours
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Free of fragrance and steroids.
Buy Aveeno Skin Relief 24Hr Moisturizing Lotion on Amazon
My Experience with Aveeno Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion
The consistency of Aveeno Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion is between a body lotion and a body butter. Despite being on the slightly thicker side the moisturizing lotion gets absorbed into the skin super easily and also leaves the skin with a mild cooling feeling. The lotion leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft, and you don’t have to worry about any greasy feeling either. Within just a week of using this body lotion, my skin was back to normal. No dry patches, no flakiness, and no irritation. Aveeno Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion is so good that I would compare this on par with my beloved The Body Shop Body Butters.
The body lotion comes in a pump packaging and while it makes it easy to use it does become a bit of a hassle when there is very little product left in the pack. The pack states that this is a dimethicone skin protectant while the active ingredient list doesn’t include any silicone-based product, which is a little ambiguous. Though the product is listed under fragrance-free it does have a mild fragrance. Overall, this is a totally amazing product and a great companion for dry skin.
- Gives a mild cooling sensation when applied to the skin
- Smooth, creamy consistency which gets absorbed into the skin easily
- Nourishes and softens the skin
- Great product for dry-sensitive skin
- Doesn’t leave a sticky greasy feeling
- The product claims to be a dimethicone skin protectant but the active ingredient list doesn’t include any silicone based product which is a little misleading
- Pump packaging though convenient makes it a little difficult to remove product towards the end