It’s quite a redundant statement saying I love shopping. Whether it is shopping for me, or going along with someone shopping, I love the experience. I like seeing new things and products neatly packed. It’s quite an exhilarating experience and one that I enjoy time and again. Adding to my shopping array is a new e-shopping portal I came across that not only satisfies my shopping thirst but also provides custom shopping recommendations and solutions personalized for me – Welcome Aplava.com
The Story Behind Aplava.com
Aplava has its roots in sanskrit and means taking a bath to purify oneself. In a similar way Alplava.com wishes to gives its customers (read US) an experience of divine purity. The website has a wide range of products including Skincare, Hair care, Bath & Body, Make Up, Fragrance, Homecare and more.
What sets Aplava apart from its competitors?
Personalized Beauty Recommendations. The first thing you do while registering for Aplava is filling out a beauty profile. All you have to do is answer a few basic questions pertaining to your skin type and any issues you have. The questions ranged from skin type, do I have issues with pigmentation & acne, my hair type and if I have any issues here and so on. Based on your responses an algorithm runs giving you your personalized product recommendations. Below is my beauty profile after filling out the details. You also get to choose your shopping preferences, which will help the system serve you better.
What are the other features offered by Aplava?
(1) Do you have a question – ask and they will be answered. Aplava has a team of dermatologists and specialists who will answer your questions.
(2) Do you like a product, but you find it expensive; subscribe to their Price Drop Alert to get to know when they have deals on your favourite products
(3) Currently they have a summer themed store wherein you get the perfect products to make you shine from within.
What I really liked about Aplava?
I’m going to make it simple, as this post doesn’t have a pros and cons summary.
- What I really loved was the personalized selection of products customized based on your skin & hair concerns
- You also get to change this at anytime as per your wish
- Easy to navigate & use website
- Wide range of brands to choose from
- Price drop alert is a great feature when you the products you want are a little expensive
I really wish I were in India so that I could shop with Aplava. Nonetheless, I’m going to put together a shopping list for when I’m back in India. My skin has become extra sensitive from when I came here. The long flight took its toll on my skin and it still hasn’t reverted to normal. I’ve been reading a lot about Sebamed and how their products are curated for sensitive skin. I’m quite keen to try out Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel and Toner. I’m also eyeing Sebamed Antidandruff Shampoo for my husband. If you haven’t read my previous posts I’m on the hunt for a good anti dandruff shampoo for my husband’s unruly crazy hair. One thing I definitely need is a sun repair mask and I saw they carried one from Thalgo, unfortunately that is a lot of money for a mask – but I’m going to do the smart thing and add to price drop alert section so that I can pick it up when there is a discount.
I can ramble some more on my to be shopping list – but I better spare you readers for once 😀
Have you shopped from Apalva.com? If not, do check out their collection and let us know your thoughts below.
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST. HOWEVER, MY OPINIONS REMAIN HONEST AND UNBIASED.
Latest posts by Sangeeta G (see all)
- 6 BLOGGERS SHARE THEIR FALL MUST HAVES - November 19, 2017
- MamaEarth Anti Hair Fall Kit | Initial Impressions - October 25, 2017
- 5 Tangy Ways Lemon Oil Adds Zing To Your Hair - October 3, 2017